Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We are in Lewiston!

Well, we made the move last weekend. I got computers up and running today. My sewing room is not ideal yet but functional. That's a good thing because we have received lots of orders.

I arrived Saturday just after they finished unloading the truck. By the way, for those who know how much stuff I have, I did not fit into a 26 foot truck. We went back on Sunday to retreive the rest of it. When I walked in the first time, there was a path so that you could walk through to each room but other than that it was packed in here. I have an absolutely amazing sister who stayed until we had beds to sleep in and part of the kitchen unpacked. She and her husband also helped get the rest of the stuff from the old house. Then she and her husband came on Monday to get my sewing room put together. Yesterday she worked on my kitchen, today we had to pick up some things in Logan so we haven't done much unpacking.

There are so many people who have helped out with this move. I couldn't have made it without so much help.

Mary seems to love her new school. Monday she was a little overwhelmed and wanted to move back to Salt Lake but each day she comes home with more good things.

3 comments:

cindyc said...

I'm so happy to hear that you and Mary are getting settled...moving is always a rough transition! Hope it continues to go well for you both!

Anny said...

I'm glad you're in. I'm sorry we were out of town and couldn't help. I've been wondering how you are. We miss you!

Carolyn said...

I'm glad to hear that you two are settling in well. I'll have to call you sometime soon and get the update. In the meantime, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.