Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Most recent men's outfit





This is an outfit that I have been working on since the beginning of November.  The trowsers are made from a fabric called kearsy cloth.  It has warp threads of linen and weft threads of wool. It looks like the fabric that the confederate civil war reenactors wear.  The trowsers are a drop fall front. 

The shirt is made of raw linen.  It has been made made from a Martha McCain Simplicity pattern.  It has been mostly hand stitched.  If I could see the stitching from the outside, I hand stitched it.  The buttonholes have been done by hand as well.

The vest is made from a Past Patterns pattern called "A Single-Breasted Shawl Collar Waistcoat" It has been made from wool flannel with a raw linen lining and back fabric.  There are welt pockets and hand stitched buttonholes. 

I am now on to some easier things for a couple of weeks and then I will be starting a wedding dress for a girl in my ward who also happens to be a distant relative on the side of the family that has all the sewing genes.  (Thank you great great grandma  Elizabeth Hocquard Carlisle).

No comments: