Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Earl had his treatment today.

Earl is very tired. He has slept most of the day. The doctor said that it may take a couple of days before we start seeing side effects. They have given Earl anti-inflammitory, antibotics, pain and anti nausea meds to counter the anticipated side effects. He will have a CT scan in a month to check progress. The doctor said that the first scan after treatment usually shows the tumors larger because they swell before they start dying and shrinking.

So now we just wait and see what happens.

I got a little emotional as they wheeled him to the angio lab. I guess I just hit reality today. On one hand I am hopeful that the doctors know what they are doing to extend Earl's life. On the other I am terrified about this not working. Most of the time I can wear the hopeful, matter of fact face. We are so lucky to live in a time when medical miracles are performed everyday. The procedures they are using are the newest, most successful yet. Someday they will have a cure and just maybe it will happen for Earl.

The rest of us are doing well.

No comments: