Sunday, October 5, 2008

The good things in life

Now as I read through the prior posts I see how dreary and woeful they sound. We have been blessed through all of this. No one knows why the Alpha Fetal Protein test was done in May. It hasn't been part of Earl's regular lab tests. So its a good thing that they did it or we wouldn't have known anything before it was way too late.

I didn't have a heart attack. We found out some very useful information about my body before real damage occurred. I can work to get things corrected. Its not easy but I can do it.

Mary is the light of our life. She is 7 going on 27 sometimes. She makes us laugh. She loves to sing and she got a karaoke machine for her birthday. I just love to hear her playing pop star in her room.

If all this stuff had to happen it is good that it happened now instead of in the spring when business is very chaotic. Its hard to keep all the balls in the air right now. It would be impossible to handle all of this while trek season is just getting started.

We have definitely felt the hand of the Lord in all of this and it has increased our testimony that He know each of us and our struggles. He is with us and carries us daily.

General Conference this weekend was wonderful. I can honestly say that many of the talks hit home for me. I know that there are so many things going on in the world that are challenging for so many. I'm glad that I have the challenges that I have and not somebody else's.

We have good friends and good family. We are blessed.

1 comment:

Marti Putnam said...

We are praying for you guys. I loved conference too. Let us know how we can help!